[gdal-dev] Re: OGR SQL Parser/Evaluator Overhaul

Carlo A. Bertelli (Charta s.r.l.) bertelli at charta.acme.com
Mon Aug 2 09:05:20 EDT 2010

Thank you very much to you, Frank, and Camp To Camp. This is a very
welcome addition for file based datasources.
GDAL is becoming more and more powerful, versatile, useful and ... big.
Maybe you could add a
-straight
clause so to avoid the parser. GDAL/OGR shoud remain fast when used
only as a conversion library.

on Sun, 01 Aug 2010 20:03:05 Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com> wrote:
> Subject: [gdal-dev] OGR SQL Parser/Evaluator Overhaul
>
> Folks,
>
> With the support of Camp To Camp I have been working on an overhaul for the
> OGR SQL parsing engine.  The minimum goal was to support functions in the
> column definitions for the output record set of a SELECT, but in order to
> achieve this in a reasonable way I have worked towards a substantial
> generalization of expression in OGR SQL and extending them to column
> definitions.
>
> I have written up a preliminary RFC for review at:
>
>   http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/rfc28_sqlfunc
>
> I am seeking feedback before I polish it off and call for a vote this
> week.
>
> I will note that in my local development tree I now have this overhauled
> implementation working, including the autotest/ogr/{ogr_join_test.py,
> ogr_sql_test.py,ogr_index_test.py} test scripts all passing without
> alteration.
>
> Best regards,

Carlo A. Bertelli
   Charta servizi e sistemi per il territorio e la storia ambientale srl
          Dipendenze del palazzo Doria,
          vc. alla Chiesa della Maddalena 9/2 16124      Genova (Italy)
          tel. +39(0)10 2475439  fax +39(0)10 2475439  gsm:+39 393 1590711
   e-mail: bertelli at charta.acme.com      http://www.charta.acme.com