[gdal-dev] WinCE programming support

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Aug 4 11:42:01 EDT 2010

Zermeno, Robert J CIV NAVAIR, 472100D wrote:
> Hi GDAL,
>
> At my work, I have been assigned to support TIF images on Windows CE platform.  My task is to support Pocket PC Arch. From 2002 to present.  So,
> I am building from EVC 3.0 to MSVC 2005 with Windows Moblie 6.  I am using GDAL to accomplish this task.  Now, I noticed that no one is maintaining
> Support for it anymore.
> I have taken the current SVN daily build and have successfully compiled GDAL for WinCE using Visual Studio 2005.  I would like to throw myself
> Into the task in updating WinCE support.  What would I have to do to get approved to be on the team?

Robert,

It would be great to have you take this on!  I'd suggest you start by
submitting a few tickets with patches.  Once those "prove you", one of us
can make a motion to add you as a committer and you can do stuff more
directly.

We currently have documentation on the wince support at:

   http://www.gdal.org/wince.html

It might make sense for you to translate that into a Trac wiki page so it
is easier for you to update.