[gdal-dev] c# binding and .net4

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 08:05:08 EDT 2010

I think you may refer to the issue reported in
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/3560

I've now updated the GDAL csharp bindings to include that fix which already
exists in SWIG 2.0.

Upgrading the bindings to support SWIG 2.0 would be quite complicated due to
several backward incompatible changes introduced from versions to versions.
In addition we have a number of local fixes to rework the original behaviour
of SWIG causing further memory issues with the .NET garbage collection.
These problems hasn't yet been included in the SWIG codebase (and I'm not
sure it will ever be added) make that impossible to use SWIG as it stands in
the GDAL C# bindings.

These changes will be included in the next daily build available to download
at: http://vbkto.dyndns.org/sdk/

Best regards,

Tamas