[gdal-dev] Motion: Adopt RFC 29: OGR Set Ignored Fields

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 09:52:35 EDT 2010

On Aug 6, 2010, at 8:10 AM, Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> Martin Dobias wrote:
>> Hi,
>> As there have been no further comments on RFC 29, I would like to call
>> for vote on it:
>> http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/rfc29_desired_fields
>
> +1 Frank

+0.

I admit to being a bit worried about the extra complication this adds, especially with respect to FIDs and our significantly varying rules across the drivers on them.  Additionally, I think the RFC should add a testable (with TestCapability) capability to allow applications to query whether or not drivers support this feature.

Howard