[gdal-dev] Motion: Adopt RFC 29: OGR Set Ignored Fields

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 07:35:44 EDT 2010

On Sat, Aug 7, 2010 at 4:33 PM, Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com> wrote:

> Re: the TestCapability(), I'd like to see this added too.
> I think this could be done without restarting the RFC
> process.

I've done minor edits to the RFC, stating:

The drivers supporting this method will return TRUE to OLCIgnoreFields
("IgnoreFields") capability.

@Ragi, Jason: I understand your concerns, but since there are pros and
cons for both "desired" and "ignored" fields, the discussion which one
is better can be endless. I'd like keep to keep the RFC as it is.

I'll proceed with updating the original patch to comply with the final
RFC specification and create a ticket in Trac soon.

Regards
Martin