[gdal-dev] unable to append data to orale spatial

Peter J Halls P.Halls at york.ac.uk
Wed Aug 11 02:25:44 EDT 2010

Imran,

    in the documentation for the OCI Driver it says clearly that the spatial
extent and SDO_GEOM_METADATA entries are not updated when using append mode and
that it is up to the caller to manage these.

    It is actually quite easy to code for this, but does require an SQLExecute
to handle SDO_GEOM_METADATA.  I simply generate this on the fly, along with the
SQL to update the spatial index.

Best wishes,

Peter