[gdal-dev] Handling Ordnance Survey Change Only Updates

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Tue Aug 17 09:26:23 EDT 2010

Selon Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com>:

> Note that OGR is not likely to provide any help maintaining a gml:id index.
>
> Hmm, I just tried opening a mastermap file I have sitting around with OGR
> and it also appears that OGR is not preserving the fid attribute on the
> features as an attribute.  If there isn't a work around for this you may
> have a very hard time processing updates - assuming they operate against
> this fid.  Perhaps this is something that has already been discussed?

Yes, I also agree that the only missing piece to implement an update mechanism
was the gml:id. Yesterday, while implementing WFS-T, I also needed it badly, so
it is now in trunk in the GML driver. Currently, I just conditionnaly enabled
the exposure of gml:id (1) as "gml_id" field in the case of
<wfs:FeatureCollection> documents, but it is trivial to change the bExposeGMLId
initialization to TRUE in the OGRGMLDataSource constructor to get them.

Best regards,

Even

(1) : This is true for GML3 data. For GML2 data, the fid attribute will be
exposed in this gml_id field