[gdal-dev] Re: Creating new mosaic overview

Edi.Karadumi edikaradumi at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 09:25:21 EDT 2010

Yep but im creating an overview so i need a lowered resolution so i need the
-ps parameter. I know that gdal_merge.py can take more than two files but
the new mosaiced overview will have 6000 or less tiles, thats why i said
that i dont want to write the command for every two tiles.

Best Regards
Edi Karadumi

Edi,

You don't have to specify the -ps parameter. You specify it only if you want
to set a specific resolution. Also, note that gdal_merge.py can accept more
than two files.

Another way to do what you are probably trying to do is to build a VRT
file[1] using gdalbuildvrt [2] and then build an external overview using
"gdaladdo -ro" specifying the level of overview.

i have 3T of images and there are more than 12000 tiles. I want to create a
new mosaic overview. Im using the gdal_merge.py command. I cant use
gdal_merge for every 2 images. Is there any other way to merge the tiles for
the new layer? if my pixel size of the original tile are 0.08meters, how
many should be the size of the pixel of the merged tiles? I mean what pixel
size should i use in the gdal_merge.py ... -ps parameter?
--

Chaitanya kumar CH wrote:

> [...]

to set a specific resolution. Also, note that gdal_merge.py can accept more
than two files.

Another way to do what you are probably trying to do is to build a VRT
file[1] using gdalbuildvrt [2] and then build an external overview using
"gdaladdo -ro" specifying the level of overview.

On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 5:59 PM, Edi.Karadumi <edikaradumi at gmail.com> wrote:

> i have 3T of images and there are more than 12000 tiles. I want to create
> new mosaic overview. Im using the gdal_merge.py command. I cant use
> gdal_merge for every 2 images. Is there any other way to merge the tiles
> for
> the new layer? if my pixel size of the original tile are 0.08meters, how
> many should be the size of the pixel of the merged tiles? I mean what
> pixel
> size should i use in the gdal_merge.py ... -ps parameter?

Chaitanya kumar CH.
/tʃaɪθənjə/ /kʊmɑr/
+91-9494447584
17.2416N 80.1426E