[gdal-dev] Integer error in creating bigtiff image

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Tue Aug 24 15:33:20 EDT 2010

Doug,

No, the spirce image is probably just fine. This error basically means that an
internal buffer of the warper code would need to be larger than 2 GB ( 29400 *
19377 * 4 = 2.2 GB), which cannot be satisified on 32 bit systems. The root
cause is likely to be the huge value of the -wm parameter (4000 = 4 GB). Try
reducing under 2000 and it should work better. A too big value for the -wm
parameter can even sometimes affect speed negatively, and that'd probably the
case for your example where you are merging a lot of individual files into a
big one.