[gdal-dev] KML's extendedData not visible

Volker Fröhlich volker27 at gmx.at
Wed Aug 25 18:11:46 EDT 2010

Am Dienstag 24 August 2010, 05:36:40 schrieb christopher.schmidt at nokia.com:
> >   no, the LIBKML driver does not do what are looking for, either, as
> >
> > far as I know
> > I would suggest as a work-around, to hold your data in some other format,
> > and just use KML as display, on demand.
>
> The libkml driver supports ExtendedData attributes as attributes of the
> simple features in OGR, according to the author of the code, the last time
> I talked with him.
>
> -- Chris

We'll give libkml a try. I hope to know more by next week.

Coming to what Brian said: It seems kind of contradicting to me. Since the KML
is proper XML, it better serves as an exchange format, than it does for
displaying, since it doesn't show anything besides geometry itsself.

I can't imagine why it shouldn't be possible for flat data structure.

Volker