[gdal-dev] RE: Using GDAL16.DLL within a C++ application

Harsh Govind harsh.govind at spadac.com
Thu Dec 2 16:34:55 EST 2010

Download binaries from either GDAL homepage download links or you can use binaries posted by Tamas at :  http://vbkto.dyndns.org/sdk/<http://vbkto.dyndns.org/sdk/>

For how to use GDAL in ur app: http://www.gdal.org/gdal_tutorial.html -- This is where I started. Very helpful.

Regards,
Govind

From: gdal-dev-bounces at lists.osgeo.org [mailto:gdal-dev-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Helm, P.W. (Pim) van den
Sent: Thursday, December 02, 2010 7:54 AM
To: gdal-dev at lists.osgeo.org
Subject: [gdal-dev] Using GDAL16.DLL within a C++ application

Hi All,

I want to use GDAL within my project. I only need the geospatial transformation to change coordinates between geospatial systems. So using the FWTools will put me up with an enormous amount of extra DLL's needed within the project that will never be refered.

So looking at GDAL was my solution with lot less of additional DLL's. Unfortunately my build on 1.7.2  fails on the wce_time.h link for some reason. But I don't mind using the win32 build of GDAL1.6, but how???

I am used to get my DLL's linked via the .lib file and a reference to the header. Now I probably need to create a wrapper to match my used functions, but what are they? Or are where can I get the needed header files and .lib file?

If not is there another method to get an easy usage of this library?

Kind regards,
Pim
This e-mail and its contents are subject to the DISCLAIMER at http://www.tno.nl/disclaimer/email.html