[gdal-dev] Error: EPSG code not recognized

António Rocha antonio.rocha at deimos.com.pt
Mon Dec 6 05:21:33 EST 2010

Greetings

I'm using gdal15 and gdal16 and I'm trying to use gdalwarp with the
following command:
gdalwarp -s_srs EPSG:9823 -t_srs EPSG:3763 file.nc file.tif and I get
the error:
ERROR 6: EPSG PCS/GCS code 9823 not found in EPSG support files. Is this
a valid EPSG coordinate system?
ERROR 1: Translating source or target SRS failed:
EPSG:9823

The thing is that this EPSG code exists and is this one:
http://www.remotesensing.org/geotiff/proj_list/equirectangular.html
Is this a bug? or is there other alternative?

Thanks
Antonio R.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5676 (20101205) __________

http://www.eset.com