[gdal-dev] Re: several No data value

ludovic ludovic.mercier at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 09:53:08 EST 2010

Frank, thanks for your response :

On 3 déc, 22:05, Frank Warmerdam <warmer... at pobox.com> wrote:

> GDAL only supports single nodata values as part of the data model.  You
> can add arbitrary metadata describing other nodata values, but generally
> GDAL itself and other client software won't realize the significance of
> these other values.

Ok one data value is not a problem for my data if i can "merge" all
invalid values.
For this i thought modify the driver to add a parameter flag () :
A) By default the behaviour will be the standard gdal process : only
one null value
B) if the parameter flag of this driver is set, then all invalid value
is replaced by null standard value
in the dataset.
My question is : is it possible to modify the driver to have this
behaviour ?
It is not a problem for me to create a patch but i don't know is it
possible to "overwrite" (or "change") the gdal read function in a
driver ?

If is the reading behaviour of gdal can't be changed in a driver, too
bad ! I would do this has a higher level software.

Best regards

Ludovic.