[gdal-dev] Re: Error: EPSG code not recognized

Jean-Claude Repetto jrepetto at free.fr
Tue Dec 7 04:23:36 EST 2010

Le 06/12/2010 23:34, antonio.rocha at deimos.com.pt a écrit :
> Greetings
>
> following Jean-Claude message
> (http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/gdal-dev/2010-December/026983.html) I
> identified 2 EPSG's with Equidistant Cylindrical:
> EPSG 3786 and EPSG 32663. Does anyone, that has used ECWMF ERA Interim
> dataset, can tell me which one is used by ECMWF? (I asked to ERA interim
> help desk and they don't know)

Hi Antonio,

There are lots of CRS that don't have an EPSG code. What you need to
know is :
- the datum (WGS84, ETRS89, NAD27, etc ...)
- the projection : you already know that is equirectangular. On the page
<http://www.remotesensing.org/geotiff/proj_list/equirectangular.html> ,
you can see that you need 5 parameters (Latitude of true scale,Latitude
of origin,Longitude of projection center, False Easting and False Northing).

Jean-Claude