[gdal-dev] Re: patch for ISIS2 driver

Ludovic Mercier ludovic.mercier at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 11:17:32 EST 2010

Hi Trent,

Le 06/12/2010 20:50, Trent M Hare a écrit :
> New PDS bug which I could use help with -- I have recently seen a new
> label from the LOLA team that allows one label to point to two different
> image types. This breaks the simple GDAL parser.
>
> In these LOLA labels there is a new section which* wraps* the file
> description.
> OBJECT = UNCOMPRESSED_FILE
> END_OBJECT = UNCOMPRESSED_FILE
> from: http://imbrium.mit.edu/DATA/LOLA_GDR/CYLINDRICAL/IMG/LDEC_16.LBL
>
> and then for a compressed file. I know the PDS reader doesn't support
> JP2s but it would be nice (or at least report an appropriate warning):

In the version 1.7.3 we have two function :
ParseCompressedImage()
and
ParseUncompressedImage()

For my  understanding the function "ParseCompressedImage" is partial ?
Gdal doesn't support a pds raster file embedded in a jp2 ?

> OBJECT = COMPRESSED_FILE
> FILE_NAME = "LDEC_16.JP2"
> RECORD_TYPE = UNDEFINED
> FILE_RECORDS = UNK
> ENCODING_TYPE = "JP2"
> INTERCHANGE_FORMAT = BINARY
> UNCOMPRESSED_FILE_NAME = "LDEC_16.IMG"
> REQUIRED_STORAGE_BYTES = "14831085"
> ^DESCRIPTION = "JP2INFO.TXT"
> END_OBJECT = COMPRESSED_FILE
> http://imbrium.mit.edu/DATA/LOLA_GDR/CYLINDRICAL/JP2/LDEC_16_JP2.LBL
>

> Unfortunately I have seen these two sections in the *same* label! I'm
> not sure how to handle that. I guess just pick up the first one that
> works. And again, it will only be the "UNCOMPRESSED_FILE" section for now.

in the pds reference document appendix I.3.3 it is normal to have two
sections compressed and uncompressed in the same label. But your link
have only compressed_file tag.
I m agree with you in the case of we have compressed file the driver for
this time must report an appropriate warning.

Regards,

Ludovic