[gdal-dev] basic gdal_translate question

Honey, Steve shoney at wsi.com
Thu Dec 9 12:35:23 EST 2010

Hi

I'm new to gdal so please forgive me if this is a really dumb question.

I'm running a file through the command line utility gdal_translate.

Everything works as I expect except the corners of the equirectangular
grid are in Northing/Easting.

I would like it to output in degrees.  If there an option I can specify
on gdal_translate to put it in degrees?

Or is there another utility such as gdalwarp which will do the
conversion.

Or do I need to write a separate program which uses the gdal libraries?

Thanks

Steve