[gdal-dev] image-io extension

Simone Giannecchini simone.giannecchini at geo-solutions.it
Sun Dec 12 16:03:33 EST 2010

Ciao Even,
I am neither trying to cut it short nor I was anyhow offended by your
response but you are email
is drawing is essence from a few  misunderstandings which I would like
to clarify before this thread takes more time/space:

-1- Viji is trying to package the development version of imageio-ext,
which is not (atm at least) used in any official version of geotools
and/or geoserver. He is actually playing with the trunk of
imageio-ext..
-2- I never intended to propose anything to be committed in GDAL at
this moment, especially the patch that Viji has been looking at. As we
have done in the past we will try to propose changes only when they
are really needed
and of interest for the community
-3- Our goals in the short/mid terms with regards to the GDAL JNI
bindings are confined to a user standpoint, with the possibility to
propose few isolated patches as we have done in the past. We do not
foresee resources for broader involvement.

Summarising if Viji wants to package imageio-ext he is looking at the
wrong version. 1.0.8 should work with gdal 1.4.5 as it is
(mainstream?). I will have daniele confirm this tomorrow.

Ciao,
Simone.
Ing. Simone Giannecchini
GeoSolutions S.A.S.