[gdal-dev] Re: Performance improvment for gdal_retile

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Sat Dec 18 08:46:08 EST 2010

Le samedi 18 décembre 2010 14:31:21, christian.mueller at nvoe.at a écrit :
> Some last comment about the test case, the current source checks
>
> test_gdal_retile_2()
>
> ds.GetRasterBand(4).Checksum() != 35
> ds.GetRasterBand(4).Checksum() != 35
>
> If I run this on a Linux Intel 32 bit configuration, it has to be
>
> ds.GetRasterBand(4).Checksum() != 283
> ds.GetRasterBand(4).Checksum() != 122
>
> Doing the same on a Linux AMD 64 Bit configuration, the values should be
>
> ds.GetRasterBand(4).Checksum() != 283
> ds.GetRasterBand(4).Checksum() != 126
>
> It seems that the cecksum is dependent on the  platform. Is this
> desirable ? Could this cause some headaches later ?

Yes, this is a bit annoying.

I guess this is related to some compiler difference that impacts numerical
precision with the bilinear resampling. What is your OS and compiler versions
? Do you compile in debug or optimized mode ? Do you use your script against
GDAL trunk, or do you use it against GDAL 1.7 ?

35 works for me on Ubuntu 10.04 64bits, and it also works on all Windows
builds of Tamas (http://vbkto.dyndns.org/sdk/) that test 7 combinations of
32/64 bit and MSVC 1310, 1400, 1500 and 1600.