[gdal-dev] An issue about using GDALWARP to do theNTv2transformation

heng.feng heng.feng at aircominternational.com
Wed Dec 22 08:15:03 EST 2010

Hi Uwe,

Thanks for your reply. The l0.tif file does not contain any georeferenced information. However, I have run the GDALINFO command on another raster data file which is in the same map data set provided by the customer and hence is supposed to be georeferenced in the way as the l0.tif file. The command output is sent as attached. As mentioned before, I also did the NTv2 transformation on  this raster data file (Notrufzonen_50m_v11_6_EPOS.tif) with the same GDALWARP command and the same grid shift file. I also got a lot of error messages saying that some coordinates are outside the area of the grid shift file. And with the "+x_0=500000" parameter, the output error messages are much less than the ones with the "+x_0=4500000" parameter.

Thanks for your help again.

BR,
Heng