[gdal-dev] gdal_translate -expand rgb incompatible with geotiff COPY_SRC_OVERVIEWS

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Dec 30 10:50:29 EST 2010

> On 12/30/2010 12:53 PM, Norman Vine wrote:
>> The Ossim utility ossim-icp has a --res-level option that will extract
>> an overview level from a file
>> something similar might be a useful addition to gdal functionality

Norman,

I haven't followed this discussion closely, but I did want to note that
there is a "dumpoverviews" utility in gdal/apps.  It is not built by
default as it is mostly for debugging overview support.  But, if built,
it can be used to dump overviews from an existing dataset into geotiff
files - one per band per overview.