[gdal-dev] GdalTools contour

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Mon Feb 1 18:41:08 EST 2010

John,

from a quick look at gdal_contour.cpp, I see it uses a float value for the
contour interval, so unless there's some cast to integer at lower level in
the contour generation code, it looks more like a limitation by GdalTools,
and not in GDAL.

Indeed another quick look at
https://trac.faunalia.it/GdalTools-plugin/browser/trunk/tools/ui_widgetContour.py
shows the use of a QSpinBox.

The QT doc specifies http://doc.trolltech.com/4.3/qspinbox.html :
"QSpinBox is designed to handle integers and discrete sets of values (e.g.,
month names); use QDoubleSpinBox  for floating point values"

A text entry might be more appropriate. Anyway, you might want to address your
request to the GdalTools author instead ;-)

Best regards,

Even