[gdal-dev] ODBC as OGR data source?

Gregor at HostGIS gregor at hostgis.com
Thu Feb 4 17:00:19 EST 2010

Well, some progress. Almost. :)
I have upgraded to 1.7.0 and now  get a different error:

$ ogrinfo ODBC:gregor/mosheh at testPgSQL table
ERROR 2: CPLMalloc(): Out of memory allocating 4294967297 bytes.

Yowch, 4 GB seems a bit steep. The PostgreSQL table itself is 5 rows,
all points. Why would it want that much? I did try upping the RAM on the
server, but I still get "Segmentation fault" The last few lines of
strace output are:

sendto(3, "Qselect ta.attname, ia.attnum fr"..., 275, MSG_NOSIGNAL,
NULL, 0) = 275
recvfrom(3, "Pblank\0T\0\2attname\0\0\0\0\23\0@\377\377\377\377attn"...,
4096, 0, NULL, NULL) = 69
mmap(NULL, 4294971392, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_ANONYMOUS,
-1, 0) = 0x2ae075e57000
--- SIGSEGV (Segmentation fault) @ 0 (0) ---

Any ideas?

--
HostGIS, Open Source solutions for the global GIS community
Greg Allensworth - SysAdmin, Programmer, GIS Person, Security

"No one cares if you can back up — only if you can recover."