[gdal-dev] GDAL/OGR 1.7.1RC1 Prepared

Greg Coats gregcoats at mac.com
Mon Feb 8 22:08:42 EST 2010

Indeed I do!
The fixed & enhanced code for frmts/jp2kak/jp2kakdataset.cpp was actually available before GDAL 1.7.0 was released, but Frank elected not to include it, and I was given assurances at that time by Frank that the fixed jp2kakdataset.cpp would be include in the next release of GDAL. GDAL 1.7.1 is the next release. Also, an enhanced swig/python/scripts/gdal_merge.py, that was not entered until 2 days after jp2kakdataset.cp, is being included, so there is no logic, and no reason to exclude code from 2 days earlier that Frank himself wrote/altered by changing 1 line of code, and 1 comment line.
I vote against Howard.
Greg