[gdal-dev] GDAL_PAM_ENABLED ....Yes for reading, No for writing?

Tim Osborn tosborn at sbcglobal.net
Sun Feb 14 22:45:56 EST 2010

It seems that when I set a GDAL_PAM_ENABLED environment variable to NO, it
not only suppresses the creation of aux.xml file (what I desire), but it
also suppresses the reading of aux files as in ds.getprojectionref() (not
desired).  Is there a way to only suppress the creation of aux.xml files but
keep the ability to read aux files associated with, for example Mr.Sid
files?

Thanks

Tim Osborn