[gdal-dev] elevation profile

Michele Sanges michele.sanges at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 13:37:34 EST 2010

Il 15/02/2010 17:36, Brent Wood ha scritto:
> Hi Michele,
>
> I use PostGIS&  GMT to generate such profiles.
> <cut>
> Brent Wood

Thanks to all for the replies.
Unfortunately I need to generate the elevation profiles within my
application, using only my own code or external libraries, but without
using external tools.

Il 15/02/2010 13:02, Jean-Claude REPETTO ha scritto:
>>Hello Michele,
>
> There is an interesting paper about this problem :
> <http://www.geocomputation.org/1999/082/gc_082.htm>
>
> I don't know if there are libraries implementing these algorithms for
> DEM interpolation. Does anybody know if there is an open source function
> to compute the coefficients of a bicubic interpolation ?
>
> Regards,
> Jean-Claude

Hello Jean-Claude,
you have pointed me to a very interesting article, I think that bilinear
interpolation can be enough simple to implement.

Regards.

--
Michele Sanges