[gdal-dev] ogrinfo with remote KML-urls

Stephan Holl stephan.holl at intevation.de
Tue Feb 23 01:33:22 EST 2010

Hello,

I am trying to use ogrinfo with a URL to a KML-file. I have compiled gdal
1.7.1 with libcurl, so it _should_ do that.

The Errormessage is the following:
ogrinfo  "http://mw1.google.com/mw-earth-vectordb/haiti/Haiti-Earthquake-nl.kml"

ERROR 1: GeoJSON parsing error: unexpected character (at offset 0)
ERROR 4: Failed to read GeoJSON data
ERROR 1: GeoJSON parsing error: unexpected character (at offset 0)
ERROR 4: Failed to read GeoJSON data
FAILURE:
Unable to open datasource
`http://mw1.google.com/mw-earth-vectordb/haiti/Haiti-Earthquake-nl.kml' with
the following drivers.
  -> ESRI Shapefile
  -> MapInfo File
  -> UK .NTF
  -> SDTS
  -> TIGER
  -> S57
  -> DGN
  -> VRT
  -> REC
  -> Memory
  -> BNA
  -> CSV
  -> GML
  -> GPX
  -> KML
  -> GeoJSON
  -> Interlis 1
  -> Interlis 2
  -> GMT
  -> SQLite
  -> ODBC
  -> PGeo
  -> PostgreSQL
  -> PCIDSK
  -> XPlane
  -> AVCBin
  -> AVCE00
  -> DXF
  -> Geoconcept
  -> GeoRSS
  -> GPSTrackMaker

I am unsure about the GeoJSON-notice since I am trying to use the KML_driver.

Is this a known issue that ogrinfo does not work with remote URLs?

TIA

	Stephan

--
Stephan Holl <stephan.holl at intevation.de> | Tel.: +49 (0)541-33 508 3663
Intevation GmbH, Neuer Graben 17, 49074 OS  |  AG Osnabrück - HR B 18998