[gdal-dev] gdal_proximmity.py

Vincent Honnet vincent.honnet at external.thalesgroup.com
Thu Feb 25 06:11:57 EST 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to use gdal_proximity.py. through an installation of FWTools
2.4.5 or 2.4.6.

The first thing is that there is, I think, a mistake at line 150: the
variable dst_ts is wrong, it should dst_ds, then the exception of the
try can set the right variable to None.

My command line is:
gdal_proximity.py T:\vincent\tmp\SwissBoarder.tif
T:\vincent\tmp\test.tif -srcband 1 -of GTiff -values 255 -nodata 0
-distunits GEO -maxdist 100

that way, the result is:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "c:\FWTools2.4.5\bin\gdal_proximity.py", line 171, in ?
    gdal.ComputeProximity( srcband, dstband, options,
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'ComputeProximity'

Did someone use this command that way ? Is my command wrong ?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Vincent