[gdal-dev] make install -- copy "shapefil.h" into the include dir

Joaquim Luis jluis at ualg.pt
Thu Feb 25 11:49:23 EST 2010

Hi,

I have a MEX that links against shapelib and works fine. However, I just
tried to link it against GDAL since it has the same ability to read
shapefiles in OGR and it also works.
All I had to do was to copy the "shapefil.h" from

...\gdal\ogr\ogrsf_frmts\shape
...\gdal\include

so can I ask as a kind of enhancement request that the "shapefil.h" be
moved to the "include" dir by the "make install" procedure so that for
the next GDAL release I can have my makefiles link that MEX to GDAL only
and therefore drop the need of having also a shapelib instaled?

Thanks

Joaquim Luis