RE: [gdal-dev] why ogr oracle connection is so slow?

Ivan Lucena ivan.lucena at pmldnet.com
Fri Feb 26 13:40:49 EST 2010

Hi Bob,

The OCILIB is a great wrapper over the OCI but even Oracle has a great wrapper over OCI, it is called OCCI.

Those wrapper make it easier to develop code against Oracle OCI but I believe that there is no specific concern in LOB access performance and that is what we need. That would requires deep understand of pure OCI interface calls.

I would encourage Giovanni, if he is interested, to also take a look at FDO ".h" style OCI wrapper and Terralib OCI wrapper for some ideas. Well, and of course, the GeoRaster driver "oci_wrapper.cpp/.h", also used by LibLAS.org. Those are wrappers developed for Spatial data.

Regards,

Ivan