[gdal-dev] Re: buiding gdal with Visual C++ 2008

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Thu Jan 7 16:06:13 EST 2010

Martin,

A few things :

1) I've finally reverted the 'rename' -> 'ren' stuff to be
'ren'->'rename' again, although I'm not clear why one is better than the
other one...
2) I don't know why you get this build error. Looking at the very first
lines of /makefile.vc, it seems that the VB6 support code should not be
compiled. You could try to remove those lines in your local tree and see
what happens, although I'd think that for some reason MSVC_VER=1500 is
not set as you would like.
3) I've done a few commits to enable Win32 support of the VFK driver and
the tests pass :-)
4) I've changed the configure.in logic to enable it on Unix platforms by
default. I saw no reason for not enabling it by default as there are no
external dependencies.
5) We have reverted your regeneration of configure done with autconf
2.65 to re-update it with autoconf 2.61, which is the current "official"
version of the GDAL project for updating autoconf from autoconf.in. If
you need to update it in the future, please do it with that one (well,
look at the comment in the header of current configure to check that
this is still the current version ;-))
6) I've created ticket http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/3314 with a few
errors detected by Valgrind

Best regards,