[gdal-dev] hdf5 data to geotiff(the coordinates)

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Jan 11 21:25:45 EST 2010

maven apache wrote:
> the gdal.tif is :
> ----------------
> Corner Coordinates:
> Upper Left  (    0.0,    0.0)
> Lower Left  (    0.0,  720.0)
> Upper Right ( 1440.0,    0.0)
> Lower Right ( 1440.0,  720.0)
> Center      (  720.0,  360.0)
> ------------------------
> It seems that the bbox is defined by different manner , the arcgis.tif
> is by Degrees minutes and seconds and the gdal.tif is by grid of some other?
>
> I wonder how to solve this problem?

Hi,

It appears that the gdal.tif file is not georeferenced.  The
values you see are just pixel/line coordinates.  Did the
subdataset appear to have reasonable georeferencing in
the HDF file?  I presume there is some problem with the hdf
driver extracting the georeferencing properly for this
particular dataset.

Bestregards,