[gdal-dev] hdf5 data to geotiff(the coordinates)

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Jan 11 22:20:14 EST 2010

maven apache wrote:
>     It suggests that GDAL is not recognising the georeferencing of the
>     data.  The actual pixel values will hopefully still be accessed
>     properly.
>
>     I would actually need to see the whole gdalinfo report on the subdataset
>     to be certain that GDAL is not finding another form of georeferencing,
>     like GCPs or geolocation arrays.  These will not be reflected in the
>     corner coordinates report (unfortunately).
>
> Thank you very much , I will paste the result.
> The whole gdalinfo metadata can be found here: http://dpaste.com/143948/
> And the info of  SUBDATASET_4_NAME  can be found here:
> http://dpaste.com/143949/

"Maven",

It seems that GDAL does not recognise the metadata on this file that
contains the georeferencing.  However, you can fairly easily apply the
georeferencing as part of the translation something like this:

gdal_translate \
   HDF5:"d23.he5"://HDFEOS/GRIDS/ColumnAmountO3/Data_Fields/ColumnAmountO3 \
   -a_ullr -180 90 180 -90