[gdal-dev] Re: Memory use in GDALDriver::CreateCopy()

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Wed Jan 13 03:04:38 EST 2010

Greg Coats <gregcoats <at> mac.com> writes:

> I find that GDAL version 1.6.3, released 2009/11/19, gdal_translate fully
supports reading and writing a 150 GB GeoTiff image 260,000 columns by 195,000
rows by RGB. Greg

Hi,

The problem is not not the image size itself.  It may be related to, as
mentioned earlier, image organised by scanlines and having blocks wider that
9999 pixels. Your image is tiled

>   Tile Width: 512 Tile Length: 512
while the file in question has 40000 pixel wide blocks.
> Band 1 Block=40000x1 Type=Byte, ColorInterp=Gray

-Jukka Rahkonen-