[gdal-dev] Motion: Paid Maintainer Contract with Chaitanya

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Jan 13 12:51:24 EST 2010

Motion: Frank Warmerdam is authorized to negotiate a paid maintainer
contract with Chaitanya Kumar CH for up to $9360 USD at $13USD/hr over
six months, and would be acting as supervisor, operating under the terms
of RFC 9 (GDAL Paid Maintainer Guidelines).

---

Folks,

Chaitanya's current paid maintainer contract ended and the end of December
and he has invoiced for the hours worked.  Both he and I are interested in
his continuing in the role, which has been helpful in resolving a number
of issues and moving the project forward.

I have not done a detailed analysis of our financial position as a project,
but I am confident we can cover the above amount for the first half of this
year.  It may be that Chaitanya will not be able to work the full number of
hours proposed (1560) as he has activities with OSGeo India that he is also
pursuing, so the above really establishes an upper bound.

In the coming weeks I hope to review our income from sponsorship renewals,
and our expenses to see what our financial position is.  Depending on how
that goes we might consider looking for another paid maintainer in
addition to Chaitanya, but I'll leave that till after the financial review.