[gdal-dev] Adding TIFFTAG_XRESOLUTION and TIFFTAG_RESOLUTIONUNIT values to GeoTIFF

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Sat Jan 30 07:11:34 EST 2010

Dejan,

I've realized that the GeoTIFF driver documentation did not say much about
that. Should be better now :
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/changeset/18689
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/changeset/18690

Basically if you use gdal_translate you can specify the tag values as metadata
item:

gdal_translate in.whatever out.tif -mo TIFFTAG_XRESOLUTION=XXX -mo
TIFFTAG_YRESOLUTION=YYY -mo TIFFTAG_RESOLUTIONUNIT=1, 2 or 3 -mo
AREA_OR_POINT=Area

AREA_OR_POINT is not stictly speaking a TIFF tag, but a GeoTIFF key of the
TIFFTAG_GEOKEYDIRECTORY tag.

Best regards,

Even