[gdal-dev] Bug(?): RIK-maps with Gdal 1.7.2 do not work

Tomas R monshi at home.se
Tue Jul 6 08:16:07 EDT 2010

  I have a problem with RIK-maps and Gdal 1.7.2.

If I use Gdal 1.6.1 I have no problem reading the map but doing the same
with Gdal 1.7.2 my whole plugin/software hangs.

I have identified that Gdal stops at the line

  band.ReadRaster(x, y, width, height, r, width, height, 0, 0);

where x, y, width and height are controlled to be within the image to load.
This line taken from the routine
   private void SaveBitmapPaletteDirect(...)
from the C# samples. I have adapted it to load only a portion of the map
into a bitmap.

I have compiled Gdal myself, perhaps a problem with the compilation? Do
I miss the RIK-driver or something? Or is there an error in Gdal?  Or
perhaps in the file(s)?
I have no problem opening and getting the properties of the file, i.e.
coordinate system and alike. It is when I try to read the file that Gdal
hangs.

I get no Exception, it just hangs and eats CPU-time.

I  compile the C# sample GDALReadDirect.cs from Gdal 1.7.2 and adapt it
to read a portion of a big RIK file (500x500 pixels) and it stops at the
same point in code. Error in the driver for RIK perhaps? or error in the
sample code?

Yours
Tomas