[gdal-dev] Re: Bug(?): RIK-maps with Gdal 1.7.2 do not work

Tomas R monshi at home.se
Tue Jul 6 13:18:56 EDT 2010

  The reason for the out of memory exception was because the RIK-map I
tested with i wasfar to big to be read into a bitmap. I have now created
a smaller sample.

With the small RIK-fil I can reproduce the problem with the precompiled
binaries from dyndns so problem is not only on my part. Using the small
map (1000x750 pixels) the demo app from Gdal 1.6.1 works as it should.
1.7.2 hangs with no exception given.

See ticket http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/3674

The post you answered  I tried to delete and somewhat succeeded... I
happened to compile the wrong file. When I thought I was compiling the
GDALReadDirect.cs I instead compiled the GDALRead.cs.

Yours
Tomas