[gdal-dev] ogr2ogr problem converting UK Ordnance Survey MasterMap

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Mon Jul 12 14:04:00 EDT 2010

Jez,

Yes this is a limitation of the shapefile format (and most drivers, PostgreSQL
databases being one of the exceptions).

Try adding -fieldTypeToString IntegerList,RealList,StringList to your ogr2ogr
command line. This will transform any field of those types into a String
field by concatenating the values into a single string (what you can see with
ogrinfo). Beware that if the list if longer more than a few items, there will
be a truncation at 80 characters.

I'm considering to see if it's practical or not to add an option to ogr2ogr to
split fields of type *List into several fields of simple type.

Best regards,

Even

PS: For the record, in http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/daily/, you can find
daily snapshots of the source code of the trunk (1.8.0dev) and the 1.7 stable
branch.