[gdal-dev] building GDAL + OCI on linux

Chaitanya kumar CH chaitanya.ch at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 23:40:14 EDT 2010

Pasta,

Oracle provides the software Oracle Instant Client which is, I believe,
free.
Pick your platform here
http://www.oracle.com/technology/tech/oci/instantclient/index.html and
download Basic/BasicLite for running applications and SDK for compiling.

On Sat, Jul 17, 2010 at 5:14 AM, Pasta Bolognese
<pasta.bolognese at gmail.com>wrote:

> thanks for that...
>
> Is there anywhere from where I can download the OCI headers and
> Libraries needed to compile GDAL ? I don't have Oracle for Linux (I do
> have it for Windows) and buying it just for compile GDAL would not
> make sense...
>
> On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 9:40 PM, Ivan Lucena <ivan.lucena at pmldnet.com>
> wrote:
> > Here you can download OCI and Geor plugins for GDAL 1.7.2 compatible with
> OSGeo4W:
> >
> > http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/win32/1.7/
> >
> > To build GDAL witn support for OCI and GeoRaster in Linux you need
> ORACLE_HOME environment variable and --with-oci=yes
> >
> > The OTN page that I sent previously has more info.

Chaitanya kumar CH.
/tʃaɪθənjə/ /kʊmɑr/
+91-9494447584
17.2416N 80.1426E