[gdal-dev] Tkl/Tk files after running script through py2exe

Rudi von Staden rudivs at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 07:54:50 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I've created a small Python script that reads a set of points from a CSV
file, calculates the area of the outer hull of the points, and writes
the result to a text file. I would like to call the script from an
Access database. Since I can't guarantee that the users will have
Python, I ran the script through py2exe.

1) The resulting distribution folder includes Tcl/Tk files and folders.
I can only guess that these are used by GDAL in some way - are they
required?
2) The package is also surprisingly large for such a simple function -
nearly 30MB. I suppose that's to be expected, but is there a way to
bring down the footprint, short of translating to C++?

Thanks,
Rudi