[gdal-dev] Re: ogr2ogr OCI: problem loading shapes

Pasta Bolognese pasta.bolognese at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 05:33:38 EDT 2010

so with shp2sdo there is one row that is not loaded into the table:

Record 28832: Rejected - Error on table SEBAS, column GEOM.SDO_ORDINATES.
element count is greater than maximum allowed for the column

Table SEBAS:
  28891 Rows successfully loaded.
  1 Row not loaded due to data errors.
  0 Rows not loaded because all WHEN clauses were failed.
  0 Rows not loaded because all fields were null.

shp2sdo also generates a file with that bad record:

-rw-r--r--  1 sebas sebas  17934244 2010-07-27 09:19 sebas.bad

that record 28832 is loaded into the table using ogr2ogr

that record has the validation error 13034 : Invalid data in the
SDO_ORDINATE_ARRAY in SDO_GEOMETRY object

If I delete that record (as shp2sdo does by the way) then I can create the

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 6:08 PM, Jukka Rahkonen
<jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi>wrote:

> Sebastian E. Ovide <sebastian.ovide <at> gmail.com> writes:
>

> > You are right...aften done it, still getting the oringinal error due to
> errors
> in the geometries...now, If I import the same data using shp2sdo, I do NOT
> get
> any error creating the index... the shape get imported and the index is
> created... even if there are errors in the geometries...any ideas ?I know
> that I
> could use shp2sdo as it is working... but it requires extra work (something
> like
> 5 command lines)... and as I'm using gdal for importing rasters, I'd like
> to use
> it also for shapes...thanks again
>
> There must be an error in some geometry imported into Oracle with ogr2ogr.
> The
> same geometry is OK when imported with shp2sdo. I think that the only
> reasonable
> thing to do is to find that geometry, see how it looks like in the original
> data
> and when imported with shp2sdo. I believe it can also be imported till
> Oracle
> with ogr2ogr by using option -lco INDEX=OFF. In that case there should be
> enough
> information to find the reason for your issue.

Sebastian E. Ovide