[gdal-dev] S-57 Driver WRONG Geometry

ogr user mrxonx at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 1 07:32:22 EDT 2010

If we assume that each S57 object corresponds to a real world entity -
in my opinion the best encoding would be a separate line object. I.e.
the main road is a point to point entity (as LineString supports) and
the spur from the east (such as the one from Ljubicevac) is a separate
line. That would make any current S57 decoder happy without resorting to
complex geometry.
--Mike