[gdal-dev] cmake???

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 09:41:26 EDT 2010

On Jun 14, 2010, at 7:40 AM, Mateusz Loskot wrote:

> On 14/06/10 13:32, David Burken wrote:
>> Hi Everyone,
>>
>> Just curious if there are any thoughts on migrating to cmake?
>
> A prototype project's started:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/gdal-cmake/
>
> However, it's a bit suspended, temporarily I hope.

Mateusz,

I would help to support this build option and continue its improvement within GDAL if you wish to move it over the GDAL source tree.  My CMake experience with libLAS (introduced by you) has been wonderful, and it's clear to me that CMake or something like it is a clear way forward from the current morass that software library building systems currently reside.

Howard