[gdal-dev] ESRI file geodatabase support

Stefan Keller sfkeller at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 13:39:45 EDT 2010

Hi all

At ESRI Developer Summit, March 22–25, 2010, Palm Springs, CA, they
talked about the ArcGIS 10 to be expected in June 2010.
But somebody (http://tinyurl.com/34nk558, 19. April 2010, german) said
that the opening of the API (C++ only) won't make it into this
release.

But since this is a storage format I question what this will be good
for? I'm after an exchange format which is better than Shapefiles!

Yours, S.

P.S. Off topic proposal: It would be perhaps interesting to talk about
a new GIS format at FOSS4G2010? There will be a presentation
"SpatiaLite, the Shapefile of the future?" (the argumentats for it are
already layed out here, unfortunately in german:
http://www.fossgis.de/konferenz/2010/events/127.de.html )