[gdal-dev] Re: GDAL compiler & GDAL utility use

Randy randyqiuxy at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 17 11:12:00 EDT 2010

Hi Peter,
Thank you very much!
With your help,I fixed this problem!
The reason is that my GDAL_DATA environment variable is not true.
I set it first by the GDAL
FAQ(http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/FAQInstallationAndBuilding#HowtosetGDAL_DATAvariable) which tells me :$ export GDAL_DATA=/usr/local/share/gdal/data
but I find in my default installing path,there is not "data" folder and
all the dates is in its parent directory:"/usr/local/share/gdal". So I
reset my GDAL_DATA environment variable,and it works well now.I forgot
my this variable value in my last Ubuntu9.04 OS,it was a long time
ago.And I think the GDAL FAQ "How to set GDAL_DATA variable?" should
change its answer.

Thank you,Peter,again!

Best regards,
Randy