[gdal-dev] gdal_warp

Rob gis at vanbooth.com
Fri Jun 18 09:52:41 EDT 2010

Hi Guys

I'm reprojecting some rasters from OSGB (EPSG:27700) to WGS84 (EPSG:4326)
and am running into a problem.

The rasters are reprojecting nicely, but I am left with black pixels around
the image where the reprojected image doesnt fit squarely within the
rectangular dimensions of the file.

I posted about this issue a few weeks ago, and then realised that I should
be marking that colour as transparent when rendering using GeoServer, and
ho! everything was OK.

However, I am now reprojecting some greyscale rasters, and by making the
black pixels on the outside transparent, I am losing the black details of
the raster image that I want to display!

Is there a way of selecting the colour that gdal uses to populate these dead
pixels around the side?

MTIA

Rob