[gdal-dev] Re: ESRI file geodatabase support

Ragi Burhum ragi at burhum.com
Fri Jun 18 11:31:25 EDT 2010

This is meant to be an export/import type of thing. So you won't be able to
"open" something in ArcMap and start manipulating it live using the
ArcMap/ArcCatalog tools. The other approach I am proposing would be OGR as a
seamless datasource that integrates with ArcGIS at the data access layer
level. It would be transparent to the other tools.

- Ragi