[gdal-dev] Use of "LIKE" in OGR layer attribute filters

Chris Bailey chris.bailey at gtri.gatech.edu
Mon Jun 21 16:52:17 EDT 2010

We are using OGRLayer SetAttributeFilter to implement some search
capabilities.  One feature that we want to allow is using the SQL "Like"
operand in the where clause to allow wildcard searches or searches on
partial fields.

The documentation says that "Like" is not supported but it appears to work
on memory data sources and data sources implemented with Database backends
(like PostGIS).  Is there any way to determine which drivers support the SQL
Like statement as an attribute filter?

I believe the other way we could achieve the same functionality would be to
use the ExecuteSQL command on the data source, do all drivers support the
"standard" SQL syntax including Like?

Chris Bailey
Georgia Tech Research Institute