[gdal-dev] Can VRT be used to control display order of images in mosaic?

Roger André randre at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 11:47:24 EDT 2010

Hi Frank,

Thanks for the reply.  It might be worth keeping the option to control layer
ordering somehow in a mosaic.  The reason I'm exploring this is to see if
it's possible to emulate the ArcGIS 10 "closest to center" behavior.  I'm
thinking that if I dynamically write the VRT, I can control how images are
overlapped in response to the BBOX extents specified in a WMS request.

Roger