[gdal-dev] svn update problem with pcidsk

Gregory, Matthew matt.gregory at oregonstate.edu
Thu Jun 24 19:20:13 EDT 2010

Hi all,

Frank Warmerdam wrote on March 12:

> For a few months now the gdal/frmts/pcidsk/sdk directory has been
> referenced from the pcidsk sdk subversion using svn:externals in
> GDAL trunk.  This had the benefit of ensuing the latest pcidsk code was
> always used with GDAL trunk.  However, it has had some downsides too.
> Anyways, the problem are not insurmountable, but on balance I think
> the benefits of using svn:external are outweighed by hassles and so I
> have gotten rid of the svn:external and done an svn copy of the sdk
> into the GDAL trunk.   I will refresh it periodically.

I hadn't updated from SVN for a while, but when I tried today, I got this message:

  svn: URL 'https://svn.osgeo.org/gdal/sandbox/warmerdam/pcidsk/src' of
  existing directory 'frmts\pcidsk\sdk' does not match expected URL
  'https://svn.osgeo.org/gdal/trunk/gdal/frmts/pcidsk/sdk'

I'm guessing it's something that I'm doing incorrectly.  I'm not totally clear on the implications of svn:external, but is there a setting I need to tweak on my side?

thanks, matt